You wanna cook a big data product? Use these ingredients
Explaining the sources of data or if you want the data assets you can leverage to build a Big Data product upon is quite challenging, especially in these days of data deluge.
Last week I had the pleasure to be invited as speaker to the Center for Digital Technology and Management in Munich… to do exactly that: to provide these brilliant minds with the ingredients they need to cook a data based product.
I ran the experiment of relying on another emerging internet phenomenon, the memes, to bring the data assets closer to the audience… And it worked!
In the next posts series I will be sharing the integral content of this talk. Just a short summary on the Big Data Assets I’m going to be writting about:
- Man 2 Machine Data Assets or how the wearable devices are going to change the way we think of data
- Machine 2 Machine Data Assets or how the internet of things opens the door to a new set of big data products
- Geo-Locating data or how the advent of GPS enable devices boosts the value of our conventional data
- Internet browsing data or how the online traces we left behing can defeat the data deluge
- Your core business data or how unlocking the CRM data is a must-do-to-survive
- Other sources you could buy or how to use external data sources as glue to make sense of internal ones
- Publicly available data sources or how critical is to leverage these low-hanging fruits
- What makes my data really valuable or which (new) dimensions separate good from great data sources
I hope you enjoy the reading and more important, you start cooking a tasty and spicy big data product with all these ingredients